12.22.2014

SToNZ: New Work

Happy Holidays!
The news here is that I have plans in the works to remodel my studio, which I am SO very excited about! Demolition begins just after the new year. The frustrating part will be not being able to WORK on new SToNZ pieces while the construction is happening. In anticipation of this smithing hiatus, I have been making as many new things as I can while I still have access to my tools, torch and workspace.

Today I will be listing what might be the last of my work for 2014. Check out these fun silver and leather wrap bracelets. These eclectic bracelets will fit just about anyone, as you can link the hook clasp anywhere on the chain at the opposite end for the fit you want.
They also work as necklaces. Sterling silver and thick black leather cords. So bohemian. So funky. SO you!
I'll be listing these today in my shop.  I don't make these very often, so grab them while you can.



I have been hanging out a lot on Instagram lately (My latest addiction. Seriously.) where I have connected with some really talented people. Recently I was the lucky recipient of a "pay it forward" gift courtesy of Thomas Hewn who treated me to a gorgeous chrysocolla cabachon from the talented Jeremy Kirk of Cabsinthe. (Jeremy actually sent me THREE gorgeous cabs, which I will work into new pieces in the coming months. I will be paying it forward as soon as I figure out how I want to to that.) I don't normally work with cabachons, as I prefer natural beach stones and seaglass as my focal points for SToNZ, but this was a fun exercise and resulted in this great ring. The 14K gold doodads alongside the bezel add a fun touch, I think. Sadly, at a size 9, it's too big for me, so I won't be keeping this for myself.
You can find it in my shop here.

I want to thank all of you who have supported SToNZ over the years. It has been an incredible year and I am so grateful to be able to do what I love and share my creations with people all over the world who appreciate my work. Thank you so much for your support, and I wish you a creative, healthy and inspired 2015!

0 comments:

Post a Comment