10.17.2012

The Guggenheim




I hate to admit that the last time I was inside the spectacular Guggenheim Museum in New York City was probably twenty years ago. It is hard to believe that this modern architectural "sculpture" is more than 50 years old. It's still one of my favorite gallery spaces.
We really enjoyed the current Picasso Exhibition featuring black and white works by the artist.
Impossible to take photos there though, without getting scolded by guards. 
(I took my chances.) I really just wanted to photograph the space, not the artwork. No harm in that, is there?
The show closes in January, 2013. Get there if you can.
But keep your phone/camera in your pocket. And don't look down if you are prone to vertigo!
(The first two photos are mine...the rest are not. I swear.)
Marie-Thérèse, Face and Profile
Sylvette

0 comments:

Post a Comment