10.14.2011

My new SToNZ model needs a name...

For months I have been on a quest to find an old dressmakers form on which to photograph SToNZ necklaces. I go to antique shows, estate sales and garage sales....and scour ebay and Etsy in search of the right mannequin. My favorites are usually French and range in price from $150 to $400. A bit out of my league.
Yesterday I was at an estate sale in a tiny home in Solon, Ohio. It was in the basement of this home where I discovered _________.   (She needs a name. Any ideas!?) 
And get this: she was just $5.00. Really! I am not kidding.
She was extended to her full height, so getting her into the Mini Cooper was a bit of a challenge. Fortunately a kind gentleman getting into his nearby car had some pliers with him and graciously offered to help me loosen a rusted wing nut so I could shorten the stand height.
So, doesn't she just look lovely with her SToNZ necklaces? Really, she needs a name. Help me out here.

Leave your ideas in the comment section below. The winner will get a 20% off coupon toward their next SToNZ purchase.



10 comments:

Ann Hartley said...

Her new name is totally Pearl.

salli s. swindell said...

I love a contest! her name? Pebbles.

Gemheaven said...

Claudine came to mind the minute I saw her ~ who knows why :0P

zJayne said...

Two fold - name her Sharon

Sharon means a 'broad field' which when interpreted means, prosperity. The prosperity here has to do with spiritual prosperity; that is, to be able to do well at whatever she sets her hands to do.

and

errr... Sharon SToNZ

*smiles*
Jane

SilverBlueberry said...

I think she should be called Alice. As in 'in chains' :)

daisymadedesigns said...

I vote for Stella Stonz.....I have one of these for sale for my youth group but you got quite the bargain for sure! If anyone wants one for MORE than $5 let me know....you can even name mine for free and get a bonus too!

Numeric Design said...

STiCKs SToNZ...

Evitts Creek Arts said...

I see in her an air of adventure and independence, so Amelia (Earhart) is the name that jumped out at me. She scoffs at convention and isn't afraid of risk.

Little Green Squirrel said...

I love naming contests, so here's mine:

Calliope, after the Greek muse of poetry.... a long name for a $5 dollar dress form, but somehow, seeing the way she is 'rocking' the jewelry, I think she can carry it off!

But I like the Pearl suggestion already posted here too....

:-) Darrelle

This is My Life said...

How about Rocksanne. You know "Rocksanne you don't have to put on the red light."

Or

Rocksy

Post a Comment