Every year at this time, the Cleveland chapter of the Alzheimer's Association holds their dinner/benefit called:
A Celebration of Hope.
This always hits home for us, as we lost my wonderful mother-in-law Hope Saltzman to this brutal disease in 2005. It just feels like this annual event was named for her.
Charlotte Hope & Marvin Saltzman July 1956
So I always donate a piece of SToNZ jewelry to the auction in her memory.
This year, it's a triple strand sterling beach glass necklace.
Did you know...
• As many as 5.3 million people in the United States are living with Alzheimer’s.
• Alzheimer's and dementia triple healthcare costs for Americans age 65 and older.
• Every 70 seconds, someone develops Alzheimer’s.
• Alzheimer's is the seventh-leading cause of death.
• The direct and indirect costs of Alzheimer's and other dementias to Medicare, Medicaid and businesses amount to more than $148 billion each year.
If you would like to donate or attend this inspiring dinner click here for more information:
A Celebration of Hope - 2010
Thursday, April 29, 2010
Renaissance Cleveland Hotel