5.21.2009

Really riveting...

Years ago I took many classes in metalsmithing. (Too many years ago...I'm not telling how many, but trust me, it was a long time ago.) Recently I decided it was time to get back to it, as I wanted to try some new ideas with my beach stone and seaglass SToNZ jewelry.
Last week I made my first silver tube rivets. SO much fun. Seriously. I am addicted to this.
I didn't even damage any stones, which is a minor miracle. I wonder if I can do this with beach glass without smashing it to bits?




I think I will make some of these into keyrings for Father's Day items in my Etsy shop.
I also made a few bezel set stone things....
Now my brain is spinning with new ideas.

5 comments:

cindy shake said...

The Stonz with the tube rivets are soooo coool!

Laura said...

Great job, I like both a lot, but really love the rivets!! I'm working on tube riveting with glass beads right now, wish me luck!!

Laura said...

I love the new work! Especially the rivets, very nice job and they are wayyy cool! I'm working on tube rivets with lampwork and metal right now - wish me luck!!

Karin Bartimole said...

The rivets look great Susan!! Have you tried them in the glass yet?! I have no doubt you can do it :)

SToNZ said...

Not yet...but that's up next!

Post a Comment